SPEED UP YOUR ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT!
AcceleDent®Aura with SoftPulse Technology®
You want to improve the look of your smile, but does the thought of spending months, or even years, in braces sound like too much of a hassle? With the AcceleDent System, you can now reduce the time of your orthodontic treatment by 38 to 50%! Using this pain-free, easy appliance, you’ll achieve your most perfect smile in no time at all.
How does AcceleDent work?
AcceleDent is a light, comfortable, and hands-free appliance that is used 20 minutes per day as a complement to braces to accelerate tooth movement. The patented technology gently vibrates the teeth and surrounding bone, allowing teeth to move more freely. The best part of the AcceleDent System is that it’s completely safe! You may experience a slight tingling sensation, much like that of the vibration of an electric toothbrush, but it should diminish after you become accustomed to using the appliance.
The benefits of AcceleDent will make you smile!
- You’ll accelerate your orthodontic experience without sacrificing aesthetics
- AcceleDent can be used for adolescents, teens, and adults, and it is completely safe for patients of all ages.
- The AcceleDent appliance is lightweight and comfortable. You may even forget you’re using it!
- The hands-free design allows you to achieve a beautiful, straight smile faster than you ever thought possible – even while reading, watching television, listening to music, or doing school work.
Teeth are surrounded by three key components:
- Gingiva: Gum tissue that surrounds each tooth and provides a seal
- Periodontal Ligament (PDL): A membrane that covers the bottom portion of each tooth
- Alveolar Bone: Hardened bone that surrounds each tooth socket
Key components surrounding teeth
How Teeth Move Through Bone
Bone remodeling is how teeth move through bone. Force applied to the teeth cause bone cells (osteoblasts and osteoclasts) to mobilize around the root of the tooth in the periodontal ligament (PDL). This cellular response causes changes in the bone surrounding the tooth that allow it to move through the bone.
Tooth movement illustrated
History of Stimulation on Bone Remodeling
Mechanical stimulation (vibration) of bone has been studied since the mid-1980s to heal bone fractures and to treat osteoporosis.
Studies have shown that mechanical stimulation of bone can increase the rate of fracture healing and bone density in long bones. Vibrating plates are currently available to treat bone and muscle loss. These devices vibrate the entire body – including the head and teeth – and are used by patients for 20 to 30 minutes a day.
AcceleDent Aura builds on the clinical benefits of vibration and applies SoftPulse Technology to help safely speed the rate of tooth movement.
AcceleDent Aura is Safe and Gentle
AcceleDent Aura is cleared by the FDA and has been demonstrated safe and reliable in U.S. clinical trials. AcceleDent Aura’s vibration is a reasonable and safe approach for accelerating tooth movement. In fact, the force applied to teeth during ordinary chewing is at least 200x greater than the force applied with AcceleDent Aura (5000g chewing vs. 25g AcceleDent Aura).
Also, many orthodontists and patients have reported that AcceleDent reduces discomfort associated with tooth movement from braces.
AcceleDent Aura offers gentle vibration to accelerate tooth movement